Can't find HDD in XP Setup ? For HP Compaq Presario V3000 series...
Please follow the step by step as below:
2. extract the 'SP32492.exe' in any other machine (it will go to c:\spsetup\SP32492 by default).
3. copy c:\spsetup\SP32492\*.* into your USB thumb drive.
4. attach your USB floppy drive into HP Compaq Presario V3000 laptop.
5. boot up from Windows XP installation disk.
6. look at bottom of the installation screen and hit F6 when it said F6 blah blah….
7. insert a floppy disk into external USB floppy drive, press "S" for supplier hardware device support disk. Select Intel 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller(iaStor.sys).
8. basically the Intel Mass Storage SATA/RAID drivers loaded.
9. Windows XP installation continue for now.